Monday, June 9, 2008

Off to Eastern Europe

I try not to write unless I have some really interesting material. This week I have found that excitment in our new addition: Maura Kennedy. After much shuffling and postponements, we saw Mauras's beautiful face for the first time in 7 months as she got off the boat in Ios, Greece. Since then we have done much of the same, day in and day out - laying on the beach by day and checking out Ios's notorious night life by evening. At this point we are in Naxos, Greece as we wait for our overnight boat back to Athens to pick up our fourth, Rory.

For those of you out there anxious for an itinerary, I'm sorry to say that it is near impossible at this point. For God's sake people, we go where the wind takes us and the wind is unpredictable here in Europe! We do know some things rather concretely - from Athens we are heading to Turkey and from there we are making our way to Rome by the end of July to meet up with my family. From there we want to go to Spain or Portugal to look for work because, to put it frankly, we have no cash money. So, there you have it. I hope that helps a little bit.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the lack of festivities....there will surely be lots of excitment as we explore Eastern Europe in the next couple of weeks. If you didn't catch on already, we decided to ditch the idea of working on the islands...we just didn't feel like spending our summer on spring break. Also, check out the new pictures I put up of China and Mykonos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that you had left Greece as I learned they just suffered an earthquake. It must be the void that you leave in the universe as you leave it. What other explanation can there be. All of eastern Europe is in trouble.

Unknown said...

Good luck guys, you were certainly a breath of fresh air on Ios, my days are just not the same without your visits. Have a great trip, i guess the Turkish national guard must be on full alert, my guess would be another earthquake!!

Unknown said...

I think you guys should put your account number on here and ask for donations... I'm willing to bet these people at home would throw you some money here and there...

Jess's Dad said...

Turkey was one of my favorite places. Enjoy it. Miss you.

Marion said...

Hi Girls,
I think I have this email thing going now. It only took 7 months.
Any how, I've been reading your blog and keeping up with your adventure. I miss you alot and it was so great hearing your voice Amanda on my answering machine. It was my most favorite birthday gift. Thank you for remembering me all the way from
the other side of the world. I will write you again soon as it is midnigt and I must schlepp my way to work tomorrow at 7 am. Thank you again for the birthday wishes and I miss you alot. Be careful always.
Love,
Aunt Marion