Monday, February 11, 2008

102 days and counting

I had every intention of writing on our 100th day away, but somehow that never happend. It's true, we have been away for over a 100 days and it feels like it's only been a week. To look back at old pictures is really weird...when we left we were so naive and so fair skinned! That has all changed with a couple months of lugging around a backpack and soaking up the sun.

As of right now we are in Sydney. Sadly we had to say goodbye to my mother, who was great company and spoiled us rotten while she was here. I can't tell you how hard it was to go back to the hostel life! Since she left we have been roaming the city streets, reading lots, meeting up with people we have met along the way, and basically just trying to stay dry from all the rain. Since today is a somewhat decent day we are heading to Bondi Beach which is about 20 minutes outside of the city. All is well and we depart the land down under on Friday, at which point we head over to India. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

Hello beautiful girls,
Please remember when in India do what the Indians do...cover up and follow the customs! I love you both...

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that you spent the last few days buying baggy clothes cause I know that neither of you had any with you in Australia. I second Jess' mom's suggestion...
I know how excited you are about this part of the trip, have fun, be safe and call often.

about this site said...

So, a lovely Chilian woman informed us that a famous Indian man by the name of Maharishi Mahesh has died. Unfortunately, this means that all Indians seem to be returning to the homeland for his funeral parade...leaving us nowhere to sleep. If we can't secure a spot our trip might be a bit delayed.........ahhhh

Jess's Dad said...

HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY Ladies. Miss you. xoxo

Pablo said...

Hey Jess!!! Every few days I read this blog!!!! Im reading and waiting to know when you are getting to Europe!!!! I hope you'll finally include Spain in your trip!!!!!!! In the city were I'm living now we have an International Exposition going on for the summer!!!! Take care and big kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1