Saturday, November 3, 2007

We made it!

It´s Jess speaking... finally. After a weekend of holiday extravaganza, lots of shopping in boston via my brother´s car (thanks matty), a few tearful goodbyes, We´re here... in Peru. We realized we had plans to get here... the plane ticket, the cab to the hostel... but now what? I feel like we should be ambitious, but we´re kind of tired. Our goal for the day is to find a place to put our ¨sticker seen ´round the world¨ and for Amanda to test out her spanish skills, (or lack thereof, if the flight was any indication). It´s a wierd adjustment... our daily goals have changed from clearing tables and changing diapers to... well nothing (besides putting up stickers and talking to strangers- advice given by my mommy).

Ok, now it´s me, the smarter, more beautiful traveller, Amanda. Jess is right (a rare occasion) that it might take us a little while to get adjusted to this sort of lifestyle after hussling tables for so long to save up cash money. The plane ride was not bad and the 40 minute taxi ride to our hostel was interesting (our driver used the horn as often as say, we breathe). Fun times.

Off to see Lima.

12 comments:

Marion said...

HI AMANDA & JESS
I GLAD TO SEE YOU ALREADY HAVING FUN, I WILL BE TRACKING YOUR LOCATIONS ON GOOGLE MAPS, SO LOOK UP EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE AND WAVE. STAY SAFE AND KEEP HAVING FUN.

Mama Dukes said...

wow!you two are amazing...there and already writing back to the ones you left behind! thank-you!i love you both!!

Gram said...

Hi honey,
So glad you made it safe and sound. Don't forget what I said, you and Amanda always stay to gether. I'm counting on you to stay safe. Love Ya!

Unknown said...

Jessicaaa come back to boston! I miss you already! Well i hope you guys are having fun! Be safe! Make sure you lock up everything and don't get anything stolen!! i love you yous!

Connected by Dreams said...

There is a man in Trujillo named Francis Loala who, despite his poor skills in English and Mathematics, is a burgeoning buaquero (grave robber) with extreme dexterity in his right fingers (except for the ring, which he lost to a dog in August '94 for reasons both irrelevant and insignificant). He promised me three rare Moche tapestries he swore came from the Huaca del Sol itself. Due to several personal confilcts, I will be unable to travel to Trujillo in the upcoming winter months. So, with your advanced permission, I gave him your names and itinerary. He's a man of moderate height, about 5'9'', slender and athletic-looking with black hair. I must warn that he is given to tantrums, but you should be fine as long as you don't mention the sun. He will seek you out in the next few days. Thanks and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Day 1 and all is well. I'm sure it will only get better and better. Last night before Jas left the house he took with him the wireless router ALONG WITH OUR ABILITY TO GET ON LINE. Timing is everything! But, I recieved no less than 5 telephone calls letting me know that you reached Peru in one piece (aside from the one I received from you). There seem to be some confusion about your cab driver being "hostile" only spelled wrong as "hostel". You are both constantly in my thoughts and I hope that you are holding hands when you cross the street. Love and kisses

Unknown said...

miss you guys already! so happy you are there safe and sound and doing peruvian things. i just looked up the time in lima and apparently it's the same as here? who knew..gotta love fall back! have fuuun love to love

Danielle said...

AHHH I'm so excited for you! Have fun and post! post! post! so we can live vicariously through you while we sit at our boring cubicles and such.

Devlar said...

Jess-
Remember what I said about strangers. When in doubt shove your thumb in their eye!!
Be Safe & have fun!!

Mama Dukes said...

connected by dreams said...scares me?!

Marion said...

Hi girls. Glad to hear you're safe and exploring the world. Have fun and don't leave your wallets on any seats.
Love,
Aunt Marion

barbie said...

Good luck u two!! ill meet ya in spain :) ballin